Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Reyna To New York Red Bull

I thought about this possibility the other day. I had seen the rumor before. But I hadn't seen anything indicating Claudio was interested in leaving Manchester City. Nor did I see anything saying that Citeh was willing to let him go. In fact, I didn't think Reyna would be let go because of this plus Citeh doesn't have money to spend on replacement. But the other day Manchester City Manager Stuart Pearce said he was looking to trim some marginal players from the squad. And now Pearce is saying "For his [Reyna] personal reasons, we are in talks with him and his representatives due to that he might want to go back to the States." Then again, the same press release by the club states that Claudio will only leave if it's in the best interest of the club. It doesn't look like they're in a hurry to let him go.

No comments: