With all my running around this week I missed it on Thursday. Happy first birthday to FC Rocky. Let's hope for many, many more.
Saturday, June 09, 2007
Ives writes about it in an aptly titled blog entry "An Unhappy Reunion". If you had any questions over why Guevara just up and left Chivas USA. If you thought that maybe there was something going on between Preki and Guevara or Guevara and others in Chivas USA's front office. Here was Guevara's chance to try to set things straight. But he hasn't said anything of the sort. And more so if he was going to, being petulant over a writer who was truthful in the past about your performances isn't the way to go around making your case.
Friday, June 08, 2007
Thursday, June 07, 2007
The rumour mill is in full swing even though summer hasn't yet begun. A few of the rumors floating around have even panned out to be true.
- Roberto Carlos has left Real Madrid on a free transfer for Turkish club Fenerbahce.
- Deco to Inter Milan as a replacement for Figo. This despite Deco insisting that he's not leaving Barcelona.
- Frank Lampard leaving Chelsea for Barcelona. One report said the move could occur for as little as £12 million.
- Ex-Charlton, Ex-Chelsea player Scott Parker leaving Newcastle for West Ham is no longer a rumor. He's made the move for £7 million.
- Real Madrid have signed German centerback Christian Mezthelder. But they're also after Chelsea's Arjen Robben and Manchester United's Gabriel Heinze and Barcelona's Javier Saviola.
- Sevilla coach Juande Ramos has been linked with a number of clubs.
- Miroslav Klose is rumored to be close to completing a move to Bayern Munich. He's said in the past he wouldn't move there but more and more it looks like this rumor is true. As to why he's had this change of heart is another matter. One claim is tha this wife has been having an affair with one of his Bremen teammates prompting Miroslav to want to move to the other end of Germany.
- Bayern Munich also look set to sign Frank Ribbery for £17 million today. He would join Luca Toni.
- Bayern Munich and Chelsea are also rumored to be in talks about a deal that would involve Bouhlarouz heading to Bavaria and Claudio Pizarro going the other way to London.
Monday, June 04, 2007
No word yet on who the guest will be for the show tomorrow night. From the Pitch will be broadcast tomorrow night from 6pm-8pm Mountain time including a feed off of the MLS's website, www.mlsnet.com. It'll be Colorado-centric but I encourage everyone to call in with their questions including Toronto fans.
Posted by Allen at 6/04/2007
Props to Who Are All The Pies for the clip they shared on the best young players in England outside of the Premiership. It's nice to see a couple young Southampton players in there with Nathan Dyer and Gareth Bale (now at Spurs). But they must have only wanted to show best young British players. Despite the name is really more about the best attackers. I wonder if Cameron Jerome, one of the players featured, will see much time in the premiership next year. He plays for Birmingham City. Their Chairman Gold has already come out and said that he's braced for a relegation battle next year. Does that mean they'll be turning to and buying up Premiership vets in hopes to survive? And do that at the exclusion of some younger players?