Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Infamous Stan Collymore

What Is Stan Collymore Smoking? In case you haven't heard already, Stan Collymore has announced that he's going to take another stab at playing in England's premeirship. If you're not familar with Collymore, read his write-up at wiki. In short, the guy has been quite the character known for off-field antics and unfulfilled expactations. It's doubtful that any 35 year old no matter how talented they are can make it in the premiership, let alone someone who hasn't played the game for years.

2 comments:

Neilissimo said...

lol, stan collymore.

one of the most naturally gifted players of the last 20 years. however, his penchant for being violent to women and a 'dogger' (if you dont know what this is, dont google it on moms pc) means that he is a joke.

he tore my team apart playing for nottingham forest in the mid 1990's before his liverpool days.

Allen said...

I didn't get to see Collymore play. He was before the time of broadcasting games on TV in America. But it was at a time when I read up as much news from overseas on the game as I could at the college library. I remember reading about some of the crazy things he did. In a way I feel bad for the guy with his mental health issues. But I think in his case he's used it as an excuse just as much as genuinely trying to make himself better. So it goes.