Monday, June 25, 2007

Benny Feilhaber's Golazzo!

If you don't get Fox Soccer Channel, or you didn't sit through a Spanish language broadcast, or you didn't search out a soccer bar in your town, or you were working on a Sunday and had to follow via lame ass match tracker, you missed an incredible goal. This is the kind of world class stuff the US is starting to produce with some of the younger, more skilled soccer players joining the senior national team.

I'll be frank with you, I thought Benny Feilhaber's match yesterday against Mexico was sub-par. In the semi-final I was calling for him to replace Michael Bradley. When I saw him start on Sunday I was excited...but then the game dragged on, the US went down 1-0 and Benny wasn't producing.

Well this goal erases all of that.

The young Brazilian born American is the future of our midfield.

Luis Bueno goes further to compare Benny's goal to the goal that knocked Mexico out of the 2006 World Cup.

Enjoy the clips.

No comments: