Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's Official : Soehn in At DC United

Once ESPN was reporting it, one could assume it was almost certain to happen. But it's official now, Nowak has left DC United to be an assistant coach with the US Men's National Team (USMNT). Tom Soehn has stepped up from assistant to head coach at DC United. Had someone told me that in the off-season the top 2 regular season coaches would be gone, I wouldn't have believed them. I'm not too surprised about Clarke. He was on my coach watch list for firings back in August. But even had I known Bradley would become the new USMNT head coach, I wouldn't have believed that Nowak would step up as an assistant. Is Nowak hoping Bradley's tenure won't go will and he'll get the job? But if it doesn't go well, why would Sunil + company at USSF name the assistant as the new head; the assistant that was part of things not going well?

No comments: